A.A. Business Administration - Associate Degree
Become a Skilled Business Administration Professional
The Business Administration Degree program from MTI College in Sacramento provides students with business training in general administrative skills as well as a diversified background in business management principles.
The Business Administration Degree Program at MTI College in Sacramento, California
The MTI Business Administration Degree program provides students with business training in general administrative skills and business management principles. Students will receive a diverse set of skills, equipping them to enter a successful career in business administration and management.
MTI’s Business Administration Degree program is comprised of two parts, each divided over two years. The first year focuses on laying a foundation of general knowledge and computer skills, with courses that emphasize on enhancing the student’s skills in business administration.
The second year introduces the specific business administration courses that are the core of the degree. Students must successfully complete first-year requirements before attempting the second-year courses.
Review our course and industry information to see if the Business Administration Degree program at MTI is right for you. Fill out an information or tour request form to get started today!
About the Business Administration Degree Program
The focus of the Business Administration Degree program is to provide the education and the skills necessary for employment in the field of general business administration within small or midsize companies. The program trains students on how to perform a variety of tasks associated with administration of business entities.
Graduates will walk away with a solid foundation in basic concepts including:
- Human resources
- Business management
- Finance and accounting
Upon successful completion of the Business Administration Degree program at MTI College, students will be able to do the following:
- Apply an understanding of global and economic, social, and environmental trends to issues and developments in the current business environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethical decision making based on knowledge, self-awareness, and critical thinking skills.
- Apply an understanding of the principles and best practices of management, human resources, finance, and marketing to analyze issues and problems, and contribute to continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Apply methods and materials of research to complete written projects based on business administration concepts and topics.
- Model behavior that reflects confidence, competence, and professionalism.
The program provides the tools and knowledge for students to confidently pursue employment in the field of general business administration.
Related Documents2016 Business Administration Program Assessment
- A121A - Accounting
- This course introduces the accounting student to fundamental accounting principles and standards as prescribed by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The student learns accrual-based accounting for service industries, including the entire accounting cycle, and procedures for the internal control of cash.
- A121B - Accounting
- This course continues using accrual-based accounting for merchandising businesses; 10-column worksheet, financial statements (including Statement of Cash Flow), adjusting entries and closing entries.
- A150 - Computerized Accounting
- The course covers the uses of a popular accounting software package to solve accounting problems, simulating the working environment.
- BA200 - Principles of Management
- This course presents an overview of the multiple roles of the business manager. It addresses the legal, ethical, and global context of today’s businesses and leadership. It also introduces the student to concepts of leadership and planning, organizational structure, production and quality control, market trends, customer service, decision-making and change, and management information systems.
- BA220 - Principles of Human Resources
- In this course, students will gain knowledge of the role and functions of the Human Resources Department in the current business environment. Students will be familiar with issues, principles, and practices regarding recruitment, selection, training, development, and compensation of employees, as well as labor relations, health and safety, customer service, and equal opportunity and diversity.
- BA235 - Introduction to Finance
- In the context of a small business or nonpublic corporation, this course introduces the student to the concepts of profitability analysis, financial statements, forecasting, capital management, budgeting, and the time value of money.
- BA240 - Principles of Marketing
- This course introduces the student to the basics of marketing including pricing, promotion, product development, advertising, and distribution strategies. In addition, the course presents current theory on consumer decision - making, customer service, international marketing, and market segmentation.
- BA270 - Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- This course provides an overview of the components involved in starting, owning and operating a small business. Course topics include: entrepreneurial characteristics, developing a business plan, financial and legal considerations, developing goals, management and leadership skills, the ethics necessary for success along with an overview of growth strategies.
- BA500 - Strategic Management and Business Policy
- This capstone course is designed to integrate the areas of general business studies, including marketing, finance, and management. This course focuses on the competitive strategy of the firm, examining issues central to its long-term and short-term competitive position. Using case studies, students act in the roles of key decision-makers and solve problems related to the development or maintenance of the competitive advantage of the firm.
Grants and other forms of tuition assistance are available to those who qualify. To find out what you’re eligible for, contact an MTI admissions advisor today!
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Registration: $15,080
Books and Supplies: $1,271
Tuition and Registration: $13,950
Books and Supplies: $1,174
Professional placement assistance is available to graduates. Our past experience has shown that individuals without prior business administrative employment experience commonly obtain entry-level positions in the field. Individuals with experience are more likely to be considered for higher level positions.
Job Placement Rate
Award Year Adjusted Job Placement Rate: *
Award Year Unadjusted Job Placement Rate: *
*Fewer than 10 students completed this program in the award year. This information has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
Based on the number of Business Administration graduates in the 2018-2019 award year who registered for graduate placement services and secured employment in their field of study, and those who did not register and successfully obtained employment on their own.
* Future results may vary. MTI’s job placement rate calculations are based on the award year July 1 to June 30. The unadjusted rate represents the percentage of total graduates who obtain employment in or related to their field of study. The adjusted rate represents the percentage of graduates who are actively looking for work and obtain employment in or related to their field of study. The adjusted rate does not include graduates who are not looking for work for reasons such as continuing education, remaining at current place of employment, military service, health issues, death, etc. For a complete explanation of MTI’s placement calculations, please visit: Job Placement Rate Calculation
All information provided in compliance with U.S. Code 75 FR 66948 §668.6.
Applicants must take an entrance examination and participate in an interview with an MTI Admissions Advisor in order to be considered for acceptance into the Associate in Arts Degree program. The business training program begins several times during the year. Actual dates for registration will be provided by your admissions advisor. Students who successfully complete the graduation requirements for the program will be awarded an Associate in Arts Degree in Business Administration.
The first part of the application process may be completed online.