The majority of classes are completed remotely, with minimal mandatory on-campus attendance. Learn More
Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma Program at MTI College in Sacramento, California
The Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma program at MTI College is designed to prepare graduates for employment in legal offices both in Sacramento and the United States. The program provides students with the tools, knowledge, and confidence to work in a wide range of law practices including civil, criminal and family law, with courses that emphasize on acquiring office managerial skills.
Review our course and industry information to see if the Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma program at MTI is right for you. Fill out an information or tour request form to get started today!
About The Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma Program
The Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma program in Sacramento will prepare graduates to work successfully in a law office as a legal administrative assistant or legal secretary. Students will walk away with a diverse and complete set of skills needed to build a foundation to advance in the legal field and law offices across the nation. Students will be trained on Microsoft Office Suite software, used almost universally in law offices around the nation, and have access to one-on-one tutoring from MTI instructors.
Graduates will be given access to MTI’s job placement assistance, a free service that will provide graduating students with help on:
- Resume writing assistance
- Proven job interview techniques
- Job search resources
- Coaching techniques
Legal Administrative Assistant Job Description
Document preparation is the primary role of a legal administrative assistant in a law office. Additional responsibilities include composing official and personal correspondence for attorneys. Attorneys count on their legal administrative assistants and secretaries to prepare and process a variety of law documents that are used in trials, hearings, or legal actions. These documents can include complaints, motions, summons, and subpoenas.
Other duties often include:
- Managing client appointments
- Greeting clients at the law office
- Filing important documents
- Attending to bookkeeping tasks
Next Start Dates:
|November 1, 2021||Legal Administrative Assistant|
|January 3, 2022||Legal Administrative Assistant|
|February 14, 2022||Legal Administrative Assistant|
|March 28, 2022||Legal Administrative Assistant|
Related DocumentsProgram Assessment 2014 (PDF)
Estimated Length: 42 weeks
*Estimated program length assumes a student does not have prior transferable course credit and successfully completes a full course load each term. Actual program length may be longer or shorter depending on factors including, but not limited to, prior academic credit, class availability, academic performance, and attendance.
- A121A - Accounting
- This course introduces the accounting student to fundamental accounting principles and standards as prescribed by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The student learns accrual-based accounting for service industries, including the entire accounting cycle, and procedures for the internal control of cash.
- A150 - Computerized Accounting
- The course covers the uses of a popular accounting software package to solve accounting problems, simulating the working environment.
- DA123 - Word Processing Concepts
- This course provides a comprehensive overview of word processing skills. The course focuses on the creation, editing, formatting, electronic publication, and printing of standard business documents. Students will explore efficient document navigation, using graphics, preparing reports, proper source citations, using tables, and using the merge tools. Documents created will include letters, reports, research papers, flyers, announcements, newsletters, envelopes, and labels.
- DA143 - Spreadsheet Concepts
- This course provides a comprehensive overview of spreadsheet skills. The course focuses on the creation, editing, formatting, electronic publication, and printing of standard spreadsheet documents. Students will explore efficient spreadsheet navigation, formulas, functions, using graphics, preparing charts, and performing numeric and financial data analysis.
- L110A - Beginning Legal Terminology and Office Procedures
- This course prepares the student to work in a law office through instruction in legal terminology, law office procedures, and the preparation of legal documents. The student creates documents on pleading paper using MS Word and Judicial Council forms.
- L110B - Beginning Legal Litigation
- This course prepares the student to work in a law office through instruction in legal terminology, law office procedures, and the preparation of legal documents in the litigation process. The student creates documents on pleading paper using MS Word and Judicial Council forms.
- L115A - Advanced Legal Litigation
- This course continues the coverage of the litigation process through discovery, motions, and calendaring procedures. The student explores how all three impacts the litigation system, and creates documents on pleading paper using MS Word and Judicial Council forms and Abacus calendaring.
- L115B - Basic Legal Calendaring
- This course continues the coverage of the litigation process through case management and calendaring procedures. The student explores case management and document control, and creates documents on pleading paper using MS Word and Judicial Council forms and Abacus calendaring.
- M110 - Mathematics in Business
- Students learn the basic arithmetic methods involving whole numbers, decimals, fractions, integers, equations, and percentages. Problem-solving is emphasized and is oriented toward business situations.
Grants and other forms of tuition assistance are available to those who qualify. To find out what you’re eligible for, contact an MTI admissions advisor today!
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Registration: $14,585
Books and Supplies: $1,111
Job Placement Rate
*Fewer than 10 students completed this program in the award year. This information has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
Based on the number of Legal Administrative Assistant graduates in the 2019-2020 award year who registered for graduate placement services and secured employment in their field of study, and those who did not register and successfully obtained employment on their own.
* Future results may vary. MTI’s job placement rate calculations are based on the award year July 1 to June 30. The unadjusted rate represents the percentage of total graduates who obtain employment in or related to their field of study. The adjusted rate represents the percentage of graduates who are actively looking for work and obtain employment in or related to their field of study. The adjusted rate does not include graduates who are not looking for work for reasons such as continuing education, remaining at current place of employment, military service, health issues, death, etc. For a complete explanation of MTI’s placement calculations, please visit: Job Placement Rate Calculation
All information provided in compliance with U.S. Code 75 FR 66948 §668.6.