A career in cosmetology can take you to amazing places. Whether you want to run a salon, work in show business or pursue a job in high-fashion, a diverse skillset is key. Our Advanced Makeup Add-on course enables future professionals and Paul Mitchell the School graduates to continue building and applying their knowledge and skills through classroom instruction and work with live models.
This course improves the employability of students by teaching advanced makeup techniques not found in the traditional beauty school curriculum. The Advanced Makeup Add-on course consists of fifteen modules that include hands-on practice and evaluation by a Paul Mitchell The School instructor. Additionally, the course will assist future professionals in the creation of a professional makeup portfolio.
THE ADVANCED MAKEUP CURRICULUM INCLUDES:
Tools of the Trade:
Students are introduced to the tools and techniques they’ll utilize throughout the course.
Learn to emphasize flattering features through the skillful application of shade and color. Cover up imperfections and tattoos to leave clients looking their best.
Makeup for Mature Skin:
Gain an understanding of how cosmetology techniques should be adapted to aging skin.
Makeup for Dark Skin:
Receive instruction on how skin tone affects the beauty routine.
Makeup for Asian Eyes:
Learn how to adapt eye makeup techniques for maximum effect.
Expand your beauty repertoire by developing skills to take advantage of this emerging trend.
Classic Pinup Makeup:
Tap into the nostalgic styles of the 1940s with instruction in cosmetology for pinup models.
High-definition video has brought about increased interest in this subtle technique. Learn how to correctly apply makeup with an airbrush gun.
The goal? To make the bride look natural, gorgeous, and glowing. Mastering wedding-day beauty techniques can open up lucrative opportunities for the dedicated cosmetologist.
Prepare for a career in live entertainment or show business with advanced training in the application of subtle makeup.
Special FX Makeup:
Explore the world of facial prosthetics and master the creation of fake scars, bruises, and more.
Get acquainted with the beauty regimen used by countless Broadway productions to make stars shine on stage.
- C450 - Advanced Makeup
- This add-on course enables future professionals to continue building and applying their knowledge and skills through classroom instruction and working on live models. This course will improve the employability of current future professionals and Paul Mitchell graduates by teaching advanced makeup techniques that build on the skills learned in the cosmetology program. The Advanced Makeup course consists of fifteen modules in which future professionals gain additional experience through hands-on practice and evaluation by the instructor. Additionally, the course will assist future professionals in understanding the importance of, and how to create a professional makeup portfolio.
Tuition and Fees
This course is designed to be taken in addition to the Barbering or Cosmetology program. For more information, please call (916)339-188 or request to be contacted by the Paul Mitchell Admissions Leader.
Books and Supplies: $550
This course is designed to be taken in addition to the Barbering or Cosmetology program. For more information about placement and rates, please call (916)339-188 or request to be contacted by the Paul Mitchell Admissions Leader.
For admission to MTI College, applicants must –
- Interview with an admissions advisor
- Provide proof of graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Complete an application for admission
- Pass an admissions examination
The first part of the application process may be completed online.