A.A.S. Cloud Administration - Associate Degree
Build a career in The Cloud.
Our Cloud Administration program is training tomorrow’s top cloud administrators. Our graduates are well-versed in the world’s leading cloud platform, Amazon Web Services. Along with AWS training, our program prepares students for the successful completion of the CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+ certifications, a required suite of certifications for many IT career paths.
Our fast-paced, hands-on program keeps you engaged from the start. You’ll gain experience with networking, security concepts, technical support concepts, Windows 10, and the Amazon AWS Cloud. Our students use networking tools and the Amazon AWS console to build virtual server-based network infrastructures from the ground up.
MTI is an official Pearson VUE testing center. That means that when you’re ready to take your Microsoft certification exams, you can take them on the familiar MTI campus. We’ll also give you the practice and tutoring you might need to pass. Year after year, most students who participate in our Test-Pass Assurance Program pass their certification exams.
At MTI College, an official Amazon AWS Academy, CompTIA Academy Partner, and Microsoft Imagine Academy in Sacramento, students receive the benefit of certified instructors and access to exclusive tools for training. MTI students experience the benefits of AWS Academy including access to curriculum developed directly by AWS and custom learning labs set within the AWS console. Students also get access to Microsoft’s Azure Dev Tools store, a collection of full-version Microsoft software for students to download, learn, and practice the most important IT skills. All MTI technology students will gain the inside track to the CompTIA, Microsoft, and Amazon AWS communities and events.
At MTI, every student matters. Our small class sizes let every student interact one-on-one with instructors and get their questions answered.
What is AWS?
AWS, Amazon Web Services, is the world’s leading cloud computing platform. With over 160 different services available, companies and individuals can use AWS to run business applications, store valuable data, connect distant company offices together, and much more. Cloud administrators know how to use AWS Cloud services to help make use of all the powerful services available.
AWS datacenters offer secure cloud services with locations throughout the world to provide fast, low-latency access to information. MTI College cloud administration students learn how to harness AWS Cloud datacenters located in regions such as Tokyo, London, and right here in Northern California.
Over a million companies and customers rely on Amazon Web Services to give them an edge in the global economy. AWS is the trusted provider of cloud computing services to companies such as Airbnb, Lyft, Netflix, General Electric, and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Get Industry-Recognized Certifications
MTI College’s Cloud Administration program provides preparation for the following certifications:
- CompTIA Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002 A+
- CompTIA Exam N10-007 Network+
- CompTIA Exam SY0-501 Security+
- Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
All students receive classroom instruction, materials, practice exams, and support to help prepare for exams. MTI’s effective Test-Pass Assurance program provides the preparation necessary for students to feel confident about passing their exams.
The Cloud Administration program involves a two-year program towards an Associate A.A.S. Degree. For those candidates with verified work experience, CompTIA A+ certification, or equivalent, MTI College also provides a one-year Cloud Administration Diploma program. Contact an admissions advisor for more information.
- TS115 - IT Fundamentals
- This course introduces fundamental technology concepts. Topics include hardware components, operating systems, application software, software development concepts, database fundamentals, and security concepts.
- TS137 - A+ Core 1: Computing Infrastructure
- This course provides an overview of objectives covered in the CompTIA A+ Core 1 certification exam. Students become familiar with concepts and terminologies associated with mobile devices, networks, computer hardware, and cloud computing. Troubleshooting common computer and networking problems along with proper technical support procedures are emphasized in this course.
- TS146 - A+ Core 2: Operating Systems and Security
- This course provides an overview of objectives covered in the CompTIA A+ Core 2 certification exam. Students learn to maintain, troubleshoot, and secure a variety of operating system environments. The course explores the operational procedures common to most professional environments.
- TS155 - A+ Certification Strategies
- Through a mix of independent study, practice exams, and instructor-guided coaching, students prepare for the CompTIA A+ certification exams.
- IT201 - Fundamentals of Networking Concepts
- This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to troubleshoot, configure, and manage common network wireless and wired devices, establish basic network design and connectivity, understand and maintain network documentation, identify network limitations and weaknesses, and implement network security, standards, and protocols. Concepts from this course prepare students for the successful completion of the CompTIA Network+ certification exam.
- IT251 - Certification Preparation Strategies
- This course is designed for students to learn how to effectively prepare for and pass CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certification. Students will be coached on question comprehension and effective test taking strategies. Additionally, students will be given opportunities to take practice exams to qualify for exam vouchers via MTI College’s Test Pass Assurance Program.
- IT296 - Network Security Concepts
- Through lecture and practical exercises, this course prepares students to identify and construct strategies for effective network security. Students will learn to identify security risks, participate in risk mitigation actions, and develop infrastructure information and operational security. Students will also apply security controls to maintain confidentiality and integrity, identify appropriate technologies and products, troubleshoot security events and incidents, and operate within an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations. This course prepares students for successful completion of the CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
- ITC210 - Server Management
- This course explores server administration skills needed by cloud administrators. Working with both Windows Server and Linux server operating systems, students learn how to install, configure, and maintain server images. Common administration tasks will be emphasized including user account management, setting up groups and permissions, preparing resilient storage, basic identity management, and server maintenance.
- ITC220 - AWS Cloud Foundations
- This course introduces the AWS Cloud environment for cloud administration. Students learn about the AWS Cloud’s global infrastructure, billing and pricing models, security practices, and a review of the core services available in AWS Cloud. Students also gain an introduction to cloud architecture principles. This class is mapped to the Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam objectives.
- ITC250 - AWS Certification Preparation Strategies
- This course is designed for students to learn how to effectively prepare for and pass AWS Cloud certifications. Students will be coached on question comprehension and effective test taking strategies. Additionally, students will be given opportunities to take practice exams, and work with labs that are designed to simulate a testing environment.
Grants and other forms of tuition assistance are available to those who qualify. To find out what you’re eligible for, contact an MTI admissions advisor today!
Median Loan Debt Incurred by Students
Median Loan Debt: N/A
*The median debt of borrowers who completed this program in the 2016-2017 award year. This debt includes federal, private, and institutional loans.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Registration: $17,400
Books and Supplies: $1,653
Tuition and Registration: $16,380
Books and Supplies: $1,251