A.A.S. Cloud Administration - Associate Degree
Build a career in The Cloud.
MTI College prepares Sacramento students to take on the world’s leading cloud platform, Amazon Web Services. Learn about our AWS training and CompTIA certifications that will put you on the path to a rewarding Information Technology Career.
AWS Cloud Administration Associate Degree Program at MTI College in Sacramento, California
Our Amazon Web Service (AWS) Cloud Administration program gives you hands-on experience with fundamental cloud-based technology and services. Use networking tools and the Amazon AWS console to build virtual server-based network infrastructures from the ground up!
Review our course and industry information to see if AWS Cloud Administration school at MTI is right for you. Fill out an information or tour request form to get started today.
What do Cloud Administration classes cover?
Our students learn to plan, implement, and maintain computing environments. When you enroll in our AWS class, you will use cloud networks, virtual machine instances, and other services to create cloud-based solutions to real-world problems.. Read more for an overview of course topics.
- Amazon Web Services
- Network types, connections, and security protocols
- Hardware, software, and technical troubleshooting
- Windows 10, Mac, Linux, and mobile operating systems (OS)
- How to create and configure effective networks
- And much more
For more information about AWS training at MTI College of Sacramento, fill out the easy Request Information form today!
What is AWS?
AWS, Amazon Web Services, is the world’s leading cloud computing platform. With over 160 different services available, here are some common uses:
- Run day-to-day business applications
- Store valuable files and information
- Connect distant company offices and communications
- Send bulk emails and data using a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
AWS data centers offer secure cloud services with locations throughout the world to provide fast, low-latency access to information. MTI College cloud administration students learn how to harness AWS Cloud data centers in Tokyo, London, and right here in Northern California.
Demand for AWS Cloud Administrators
The Bureau of Labor Statistics project jobs in the Computer and Information Technology industry will grow about 13% by 2026.
What drives the demand for health information experts?
Three major factors contributing to this growth are:
- Increased collection and large-scale storage of data
- A greater demand for information security
- The growing need of cloud computing
Over a million companies and customers rely on Amazon Web Services to give them an edge in the global economy. AWS is the trusted provider of cloud computing services to companies such as Airbnb, Lyft, Netflix, General Electric, and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Call today to learn about our exciting Cloud Administration courses!
Why choose MTI College’s AWS Cloud Administration program?
MTI is an official Pearson VUE testing center. That means that when you’re ready to take your Microsoft certification exams, you can take them on the familiar MTI campus. We’ll also give you the practice and tutoring you need to pass your exams.
Did you know that year after year, most students who participate in our Test-Pass Assurance Program pass their certification exams?
We will prepare you for important industry certifications that you can add to your professional resume:
- CompTIA Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002 A+
- CompTIA Exam N10-007 Network+
- CompTIA Exam SY0-501 Security+
- Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Not only do we want our students to earn career propelling certificates and experience, our instructors get the training they need to teach you to succeed. MTI College in Sacramento has the honor of being
Plus, you get access to exclusive tools for training like AWS developed curriculum and custom learning labs set within the AWS console. You also get these student perks:
- Access to Microsoft’s Azure Dev Tools store
- A collection of full-version Microsoft software for students to download, learn, and practice the most important IT skills.
- All MTI technology students get the inside track to the CompTIA
- And information about Microsoft and Amazon communities and events
At MTI, every student matters. Our small class sizes let every student interact one-on-one with instructors and get their questions answered
Complete the online application and an admissions advisor will walk you through the application process.
We look forward to helping you grow your IT career.
- TS115 - IT Fundamentals
- This course introduces fundamental technology concepts. Topics include hardware components, operating systems, application software, software development concepts, database fundamentals, and security concepts.
- TS137 - A+ Core 1: Computing Infrastructure
- This course provides an overview of objectives covered in the CompTIA A+ Core 1 certification exam. Students become familiar with concepts and terminologies associated with mobile devices, networks, computer hardware, and cloud computing. Troubleshooting common computer and networking problems along with proper technical support procedures are emphasized in this course.
- TS146 - A+ Core 2: Operating Systems and Security
- This course provides an overview of objectives covered in the CompTIA A+ Core 2 certification exam. Students learn to maintain, troubleshoot, and secure a variety of operating system environments. The course explores the operational procedures common to most professional environments.
- TS155 - A+ Certification Strategies
- Through a mix of independent study, practice exams, and instructor-guided coaching, students prepare for the CompTIA A+ certification exams.
- IT201 - Fundamentals of Networking Concepts
- This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to troubleshoot, configure, and manage common network wireless and wired devices, establish basic network design and connectivity, understand and maintain network documentation, identify network limitations and weaknesses, and implement network security, standards, and protocols. Concepts from this course prepare students for the successful completion of the CompTIA Network+ certification exam.
- IT251 - Certification Preparation Strategies
- This course is designed for students to learn how to effectively prepare for and pass CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certification. Students will be coached on question comprehension and effective test taking strategies. Additionally, students will be given opportunities to take practice exams to qualify for exam vouchers via MTI College’s Test Pass Assurance Program.
- IT296 - Network Security Concepts
- Through lecture and practical exercises, this course prepares students to identify and construct strategies for effective network security. Students will learn to identify security risks, participate in risk mitigation actions, and develop infrastructure information and operational security. Students will also apply security controls to maintain confidentiality and integrity, identify appropriate technologies and products, troubleshoot security events and incidents, and operate within an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations. This course prepares students for successful completion of the CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
- ITC210 - Server Management
- This course explores server administration skills needed by cloud administrators. Working with both Windows Server and Linux server operating systems, students learn how to install, configure, and maintain server images. Common administration tasks will be emphasized including user account management, setting up groups and permissions, preparing resilient storage, basic identity management, and server maintenance.
- ITC220 - AWS Cloud Foundations
- This course introduces the AWS Cloud environment for cloud administration. Students learn about the AWS Cloud’s global infrastructure, billing and pricing models, security practices, and a review of the core services available in AWS Cloud. Students also gain an introduction to cloud architecture principles. This class is mapped to the Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam objectives.
- ITC250 - AWS Certification Preparation Strategies
- This course is designed for students to learn how to effectively prepare for and pass AWS Cloud certifications. Students will be coached on question comprehension and effective test taking strategies. Additionally, students will be given opportunities to take practice exams, and work with labs that are designed to simulate a testing environment.
Grants and other forms of tuition assistance are available to those who qualify. To find out what you’re eligible for, contact an MTI admissions advisor today!
Median Loan Debt Incurred by Students
Median Loan Debt: N/A
*The median debt of borrowers who completed this program in the 2016-2017 award year. This debt includes federal, private, and institutional loans.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Registration: $17,400
Books and Supplies: $1,653
Tuition and Registration: $16,380
Books and Supplies: $1,251