A.A.S. AWS Cloud Administration - Associate Degree
Build a Career in the Cloud with AWS Training and Certification.
MTI College prepares Sacramento students to take on the world’s leading cloud platform, Amazon Web Services. Learn about our AWS Academy training, related CompTIA certifications (A+, Network+, Security+), and Amazon AWS certifications that will put you on the path to a rewarding Information Technology Career.
The majority of classes are completed remotely, with minimal mandatory on-campus attendance. Learn More
AWS Cloud Administration Associate Degree Program at MTI College in Sacramento, California
Our Amazon Web Service (AWS) Cloud Administration program gives you hands-on experience with fundamental cloud-based technology and services. Use networking tools and the Amazon AWS console to build virtual server-based network infrastructures from the ground up!
MTI College is proud to be the first official AWS Academy in the Sacramento region and one of the first colleges to offer a full Associate Degree in cloud technology.
Review our course and industry information to see if AWS Cloud Administration school at MTI is right for you. Fill out an information or tour request form to get started today.
What do Cloud Administration classes cover?
Our students learn to plan, implement, and maintain computing environments. When you enroll in our AWS class, you will use cloud networks, virtual machine instances, and other services to create cloud-based solutions to real-world problems – Read more for an overview of course topics.
- Amazon Web Services
- Network types, connections, and security protocols
- Hardware, software, and technical troubleshooting
- Windows 10, Mac, Linux, and mobile operating systems (OS)
- How to create and configure effective networks
- And much more
For more information about AWS training at MTI College of Sacramento, fill out the easy Request Information form today!
What is AWS?
AWS, Amazon Web Services, is the world’s leading cloud computing platform. With over 160 different services available, here are some common uses:
- Run day-to-day business applications
- Store valuable files and information
- Connect distant company offices and communications
- Send bulk emails and data using a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
The cloud computing suite in Amazon Web Services provides everything you need for on-demand computing. There are four core feature sets in AWS – Compute, Storage and Content Delivery, Databases and Networking.
AWS data centers offer secure cloud services with locations throughout the world to provide fast, low-latency access to information. MTI College cloud administration students learn how to harness AWS Cloud data centers in Tokyo, London, and right here in Northern California.
Demand for AWS Cloud Administrators
The Bureau of Labor Statistics project jobs in the Computer and Information Technology industry will grow about 13% between 2020 and 2030. This is much faster growth than average.
Note: The data provided above are from a source unaffiliated with MTI College, are for informational purposes only and represent the employment field as a whole. They are not solely specific to MTI graduates and, by providing the above information, MTI makes no representation, direct or implied, or opinion regarding employability.
What drives the demand for AWS cloud and IT experts?
Three major factors contributing to this growth are:
- Increased collection and large-scale storage of data
- A greater demand for information security
- The growing need of cloud computing
Over a million companies and customers rely on Amazon Web Services to give them an edge in the global economy. AWS is the trusted provider of cloud computing services to companies such as Airbnb, Lyft, Netflix, General Electric, and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Cloud computing administrators earn a robust salary (here is the current average salary on Glassdoor). A 2019 survey by Global Knowledge of 1,011 respondents with an AWS IT certification showed many earning over six figures.
Many enterprise companies run their software environments on AWS, with more undergoing that digital transformation each month.
If this sounds like a stable and exciting career, give MTI College a call today to learn about our exciting Cloud Administration courses!
Why choose MTI College’s AWS Cloud Administration program?
MTI College has partnered with Amazon Web Services as an AWS Academy. This partnership provides MTI students with curriculum prepared by AWS. Students learn with AWS-authored lectures, labs, projects, assessments and more. These custom resources prepare students for careers in cloud computing with exclusive insights from AWS to achieve AWS certification.
MTI is an official Pearson VUE testing center. That means that when you’re ready to take your Microsoft certification exams, you can take them on the familiar MTI campus. We’ll also give you the practice and tutoring you need to pass your exams.
Did you know that year after year, most students who participate in our Test-Pass Assurance Program pass their certification exams?
We will prepare you for important industry certifications that you can add to your professional resume:
- CompTIA A+ Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002
- CompTIA Network+ Exam N10-007
- CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-501
- Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Not only do we want our students to earn career propelling certificates and experience, our instructors get the training they need to teach you to succeed. MTI College in Sacramento has the honor of being
- An official Amazon AWS Academy
[View AWS Academy Member Institution List]
- A CompTIA Academy Partner
- And a Sacramento Microsoft Imagine Academy
Plus, you get access to exclusive tools for training like AWS developed curriculum and custom learning labs set within the AWS console. You also get these student perks:
- Access to Microsoft’s Azure Dev Tools store
- A collection of full-version Microsoft software for students to download, learn, and practice the most important IT skills.
- All MTI technology students get the inside track to the CompTIA
- And information about Microsoft and Amazon communities and events
At MTI, every student matters. Our small class sizes let every student interact one-on-one with instructors and get their questions answered.
More on the Certifications
Here is more information on the certifications our degree program prepares you for.
Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner is designed to validate one’s understanding of the Amazon Web Services Cloud. It is recommended not only for technicians, but also those who work in a non-technical role, who need to communicate about AWS to clients, like those in finance, management, or business positions.
You will learn about these foundational AWS services and use cases:
- Basic AWS architectural principles
- Business use cases and AWS value proposition
- Key AWS services and common use cases
- AWS security and compliance, including shared responsibility model for security
- Deployment and operating principles
- AWS billing, support, and pricing
Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate)
This certification verifies that you know how to design, build, manage, and deploy systems in the AWS cloud. This exam is suited for candidates with experience in designing distributed applications. You should be familiar with AWS security and compliance guidelines before taking this exam.
Some of the areas that will be covered in the certification exam:
- Network technologies in AWS Cloud, including configuration and management
- Designing and deploying AWS-based applications, how client interfaces connect to AWS
- Building secure applications on AWS
- Deploying systems with on-premises data and AWS components (hybrid)
- Disaster recovery and data security
- AWS infrastructure and concepts
CompTIA A+ Certification
The CompTIA A+ certification validates core information technology skills and in-demand abilities. The Core 1 and Core 2 exams cover a variety of skills, including:
- Installation and configuration of operating systems
- Security and vulnerability troubleshooting
- Hardware and device setup, including mobile devices
- Network configuration
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Operational procedures and best practices
CompTIA Network+ Certification
The CompTIA Network+ certification will help you pursue a career in troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks. This is an extremely useful certification to have for information technology professionals. Some areas that are covered include:
- Designing, implementing, and configuring functional networks
- Managing and configuring devices in a network
- Using hardware like switches and routers to segment network traffic, creating robust networks
- Managing networks, determining policies, maintaining business continuity
- Implementing network security, using best practices, standards and protocols
- Understand physical security and common security attacks, securing wired and wireless network
- Troubleshooting networking issues
- Support the creation of virtualized networks
- Maintain and support connectivity and optimal performance
CompTIA Security+ Certification
The CompTIA Security+ is the initial security certification information technology pros should earn. The Security+ certification means that IT professionals can both diagnose security issues and provide solutions. This certification is the first step to a career in cybersecurity. Some of the skills this certification validates are:
- Identifying threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities. Understanding of penetration testing
- Installation, configuration, and deployment of network components while providing security best practices
- Design and implementation of secure network architecture
- Identity and network access management, minimizing security risks
- Identify and access services, and management controls
- Risk management best practices
- Cryptography and public key infrastructure
Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US Department of Defense to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
Learn More About Our AWS Cloud Administration Program
Complete the online application and an admissions advisor will walk you through the application process.
We look forward to helping you grow your IT career.
Next Start Dates:
|January 3, 2022||AWS Cloud Administration|
|February 14, 2022||AWS Cloud Administration|
|March 28, 2022||AWS Cloud Administration|
Estimated Length: 96 weeks
*Estimated program length assumes a student does not have prior transferable course credit and successfully completes a full course load each term. Actual program length may be longer or shorter depending on factors including, but not limited to, prior academic credit, class availability, academic performance, and attendance.
- TS115 - IT Fundamentals
- This course introduces fundamental technology concepts. Topics include hardware components, operating systems, application software, software development concepts, database fundamentals, and security concepts.
- TS137 - A+ Core 1: Computing Infrastructure
- This course provides an overview of objectives covered in the CompTIA A+ Core 1 certification exam. Students become familiar with concepts and terminologies associated with mobile devices, networks, computer hardware, and cloud computing. Troubleshooting common computer and networking problems along with proper technical support procedures are emphasized in this course.
- TS146 - A+ Core 2: Operating Systems and Security
- This course provides an overview of objectives covered in the CompTIA A+ Core 2 certification exam. Students learn to maintain, troubleshoot, and secure a variety of operating system environments. The course explores the operational procedures common to most professional environments.
- TS155 - A+ Certification Strategies
- Through a mix of independent study, practice exams, and instructor-guided coaching, students prepare for the CompTIA A+ certification exams.
- IT201 - Fundamentals of Networking Concepts
- This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to troubleshoot, configure, and manage common network wireless and wired devices, establish basic network design and connectivity, understand and maintain network documentation, identify network limitations and weaknesses, and implement network security, standards, and protocols. Concepts from this course prepare students for the successful completion of the CompTIA Network+ certification exam.
- IT251 - Certification Preparation Strategies
- This course is designed for students to learn how to effectively prepare for and pass CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certification. Students will be coached on question comprehension and effective test taking strategies. Additionally, students will be given opportunities to take practice exams to qualify for exam vouchers via MTI College’s Test Pass Assurance Program.
- IT296 - Network Security Concepts
- Through lecture and practical exercises, this course prepares students to identify and construct strategies for effective network security. Students will learn to identify security risks, participate in risk mitigation actions, and develop infrastructure information and operational security. Students will also apply security controls to maintain confidentiality and integrity, identify appropriate technologies and products, troubleshoot security events and incidents, and operate within an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations. This course prepares students for successful completion of the CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
- ITC210 - Server Management
- This course explores server administration skills needed by cloud administrators. Working with both Windows Server and Linux server operating systems, students learn how to install, configure, and maintain server images. Common administration tasks will be emphasized including user account management, setting up groups and permissions, preparing resilient storage, basic identity management, and server maintenance.
- ITC220 - AWS Cloud Foundations
- This course introduces the AWS Cloud environment for cloud administration. Students learn about the AWS Cloud’s global infrastructure, billing and pricing models, security practices, and a review of the core services available in AWS Cloud. Students also gain an introduction to cloud architecture principles. This class is mapped to the Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam objectives.
- ITC250 - AWS Certification Preparation Strategies
- This course is designed for students to learn how to effectively prepare for and pass AWS Cloud certifications. Students will be coached on question comprehension and effective test taking strategies. Additionally, students will be given opportunities to take practice exams, and work with labs that are designed to simulate a testing environment.
Grants and other forms of tuition assistance are available to those who qualify. To find out what you’re eligible for, contact an MTI admissions advisor today!
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Registration: $17,800
Books and Supplies: $1,673
Tuition and Registration: $16,750
Books and Supplies: $1,232
Job Placement Rate
Based on the number of Network Administration and Security degree graduates in the 2019-2020 award year who registered for graduate placement services and secured employment in their field of study, and those who did not register and successfully obtained employment on their own.
MTI’s job placement rate calculations are based on the award year July 1 to June 30. The unadjusted rate represents the percentage of total graduates who obtain employment in or related to their field of study. The adjusted rate represents the percentage of graduates who are actively looking for work and obtain employment in or related to their field of study. The adjusted rate does not include graduates who are not looking for work for reasons such as continuing education, remaining at current place of employment, military service, health issues, death, etc. For more information on these calculations, refer to www.mticollege.edu/services/career-services/placement-rate-calculation/
All information provided in compliance with U.S. Code 75 FR 66948 §668.6.