AWS Cloud Solutions Architect - Diploma Program
Build a Career in the Cloud with AWS Training and Certification.
MTI College prepares California students to take on the world’s leading cloud platform, Amazon Web Services (AWS). Learn about our AWS training and Amazon AWS certifications that will put you on the path to a rewarding Information Technology Career.
This program is completed entirely online without the need to come to campus. Learn More
AWS Cloud Solutions Architect Diploma Program at MTI College for California Residents
Our Amazon Web Service (AWS) Cloud Solutions Architect program gives you hands-on experience with fundamental cloud-based technology and services. MTI College is proud to host the first official AWS Academy in the Sacramento region. MTI’s partnership with AWS Academy provides students with exclusive resources and curriculum to learn about the AWS cloud directly from the AWS team.
Review our course and industry information to see if AWS Cloud Solutions Architect at MTI is right for you. In just 24 weeks, you could earn your AWS certification and begin your career in cloud computing. Fill out an information or tour request form to get started today.
What do AWS Cloud Solutions Architect classes cover?
Our students learn how to plan, implement, and maintain cloud-based applications. When you enroll in the AWS Cloud Solutions Architect program, you will use AWS virtual networks, AWS virtual machine instances, AWS databases, and other AWS services to create cloud-based solutions to real-world problems. Topics include:
- A hands-on introduction to the AWS Management Console
- Gain an understanding of the AWS global infrastructure
- Building awareness of the many benefits cloud computing offers a variety of industries
- Explore the AWS core services of compute, networking, databases, and storage
- Build secure applications that follow AWS security best practices
- Learn how to optimize AWS billing and pricing options
- Design highly available, cost-effective, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems
- Examine the basic architectural principles of building within the AWS Cloud
- Take a deep dive through the best practices offered by the AWS Well-Architected Framework
For more information about AWS training at MTI College, fill out the easy Request Information form today!
What is AWS?
AWS, Amazon Web Services, is the world’s leading cloud computing platform. With over 160 different services available, here are some common uses:
- Run day-to-day business applications
- Store valuable files and information
- Connect distant company offices and communications
- Refer to a global infrastructure that can reach the widest audience possible
AWS data centers offer secure cloud services with locations throughout the world to provide fast, low-latency access to information. MTI College Cloud Solutions Architect students learn how to harness AWS Cloud data centers throughout California and all across the world.
Demand for AWS Cloud Solutions Architects
The Bureau of Labor Statistics project jobs in the Computer and Information Technology industry will grow about 13% between 2020 and 2030. This is much faster growth than average.
Note: The data provided above are from a source unaffiliated with MTI College, are for informational purposes only and represent the employment field as a whole. They are not solely specific to MTI graduates and, by providing the above information, MTI makes no representation, direct or implied, or opinion regarding employability.
What drives the demand for AWS cloud and IT experts?
Three major factors contributing to this growth are:
- Increased collection and large-scale storage of data
- A greater demand for information security
- The growing need of cloud computing
Over a million companies and customers rely on Amazon Web Services to give them an edge in the global economy. AWS is the trusted provider of cloud computing services to companies such as Airbnb, Lyft, Netflix, General Electric, and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Cloud computing administrators earn a robust salary (here is the current average salary on Glassdoor). A 2019 survey by Global Knowledge of 1,011 respondents with an AWS IT certification showed many earning over six figures.
Many enterprise companies run their software environments on AWS, with more undergoing that digital transformation each month.
If this sounds like a stable and exciting career, give MTI College a call today to learn about our exciting AWS Cloud Solutions Architect courses!
Why choose MTI College’s AWS Cloud Solutions Architect program?
MTI College has partnered with Amazon Web Services as an AWS Academy. This partnership provides MTI students with curriculum prepared by AWS. Students learn with AWS-authored lectures, labs, projects, assessments and more. These custom resources prepare students for careers in cloud computing with exclusive insights from AWS to achieve AWS certification.
MTI students receive access to custom hands-on labs that allow students to learn within a live AWS Management Console. Set up virtual networks, servers, and databases using the same interface used on the job. Explore AWS services such as EC2, VPC, RDS, S3, EBS, IAM, SQS, DynamoDB, Lambda, CloudFormation, and more.
MTI’s Test-Pass Assurance Program has helped student success on their certification exams. MTI stands behind our students by paying for full exam vouchers for dedicated students.
We will prepare you for important industry certifications that you can add to your professional resume:
- Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Not only do we want our students to earn career propelling certificates and experience, our instructors get the training they need to teach you to succeed. MTI College in California has the honor of being an official Amazon AWS Academy (View AWS Academy Member Institution List).
At MTI, every student matters. Our small class sizes let every student interact one-on-one with instructors and get their questions answered.
More on the Certifications
Here is more information on the certifications our degree program prepares you for.
Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner is designed to validate one’s understanding of the Amazon Web Services Cloud. It is recommended not only for technicians, but also those who work in a non-technical role, who need to communicate about AWS to clients, like those in finance, management, or business positions.
You will learn about these foundational AWS services and use cases:
- Basic AWS architectural principles
- Business use cases and AWS value proposition
- Key AWS services and common use cases
- AWS security and compliance, including shared responsibility model for security
- Deployment and operating principles
- AWS billing, support, and pricing
Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate)
This certification verifies that you know how to design, build, manage, and deploy systems in the AWS cloud. This exam is suited for candidates with experience in designing distributed applications. You should be familiar with AWS security and compliance guidelines before taking this exam.
Some of the areas that will be covered in the certification exam:
- Network technologies in AWS Cloud, including configuration and management
- Designing and deploying AWS-based applications, how client interfaces connect to AWS
- Building secure applications on AWS
- Deploying systems with on-premises data and AWS components (hybrid)
- Disaster recovery and data security
- AWS infrastructure and concepts
Prerequisites for Enrollment
Applicants to the AWS Solutions Architect program require the following:
- An Associate’s or higher degree from an accredited institution
- Education, certification or work experience in information technology
- Residency in the state of California
- Access to a laptop or desktop with broadband internet access
Candidates accepted for enrollment will possess familiarity with basic networking, command-line Linux, and computer knowledge equivalent to skills covered on the CompTIA A+ certification (PDF).
The program is 24 weeks long. All courses are held online and are six weeks in length. Each course offers a mix of live meetings with instructors and independent learning activities that can be completed on your own schedule. All students can expect approximately 3-4 hours of live meeting attendance and approximately 10-15 hours of independent study each week. Certified instructors will be available for one-on-one live meetings and online feedback.
Learn More About Our AWS Cloud Solutions Architect Program
Complete the online application and an admissions advisor will walk you through the application process.
We look forward to helping you grow your IT career.
Next Start Dates:
|January 3, 2022||AWS Cloud Solutions Architect|
|May 16, 2022||AWS Cloud Solutions Architect|
|September 19, 2022||AWS Cloud Solutions Architect|
Estimated Length: 24 weeks
*Estimated program length assumes a student does not have prior transferable course credit and successfully completes a full course load each term. Actual program length may be longer or shorter depending on factors including, but not limited to, prior academic credit, class availability, academic performance, and attendance.
All courses are held online and are six weeks in length. Each course offers a mix of live meetings with instructors and independent learning activities that can be completed on your own schedule. All students can expect approximately 2-3 hours of live meeting attendance and approximately 10-15 hours of independent study each week. Certified instructors will be available for one-on-one live meetings and online feedback.
- ITC220 - AWS Cloud Foundations
- This course introduces the AWS Cloud environment for cloud administration. Students learn about the AWS Cloud’s global infrastructure, billing and pricing models, security practices, and a review of the core services available in AWS Cloud. Students also gain an introduction to cloud architecture principles. This class is mapped to the Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam objectives.
- ITC230 - AWS Cloud Architecture
- This is the first of two classes devoted to AWS Cloud architecting. In this course, students step deeper into the AWS Cloud services to apply optimization and best practices to support a well-architected environment. This class explores high availability services, automation, decoupling, and scaling. This class is mapped to outcomes found in the Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect exam.
- ITC240 - AWS Well-Architected Framework
- This is the second of two classes devoted to AWS Cloud architecting. This class focuses on the pillars of the AWS Well-Architected Framework to architect and deploy secure and robust applications in AWS. Students will develop solutions that involve the pillars of Operational Excellence, Security, Reliability, Performance Efficiency, and Cost Optimization. This class is mapped to outcomes found in the Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect exam.
- ITC250 - AWS Certification Preparation Strategies
- This course is designed for students to learn how to effectively prepare for and pass AWS Cloud certifications. Students will be coached on question comprehension and effective test taking strategies. Additionally, students will be given opportunities to take practice exams, and work with labs that are designed to simulate a testing environment.
Grants and other forms of tuition assistance are available to those who qualify. To find out what you’re eligible for, contact an MTI admissions advisor today!
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Registration: $8,950
Books and Supplies: $209
Job Placement Rate
*This is a new program and placement data is not yet available for publication.
Based on the number of AWS Cloud Solutions Architect graduates in the 2019-2020 award year who registered for graduate placement services and secured employment in their field of study, and those who did not register and successfully obtained employment on their own.
MTI’s job placement rate calculations are based on the award year July 1 to June 30. The unadjusted rate represents the percentage of total graduates who obtain employment in or related to their field of study. The adjusted rate represents the percentage of graduates who are actively looking for work and obtain employment in or related to their field of study. The adjusted rate does not include graduates who are not looking for work for reasons such as continuing education, remaining at current place of employment, military service, health issues, death, etc. For more information on these calculations, refer to www.mticollege.edu/services/career-services/placement-rate-calculation/
All information provided in compliance with U.S. Code 75 FR 66948 §668.6.
For admission to MTI College, applicants must –
- Interview with an admissions advisor
- Provide proof of graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Provide proof of receiving an associate or higher level degree
- Provide proof of education, certification or work experience in information technology
- Complete an application for admission
- Take a placement assessment
The first part of the application process may be completed online.