Technical Support Specialist - Certification Program
Computer technician jobs are predicted to grow by 20-53%
While jobs overall are expected to grow by only 7 to 13 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that computer technician jobs will grow by 20 to 53 percent through 2018. This makes Sacramento technical support careers very appealing, and attainable with the right training. An MTI College Computer Technology education can help you take full advantage of the predicted growth in this sector.
Getting certified through one of the best Sacramento computer technology programs available will prepare you for employment in one of several different positions, including computer repair technician, technology support specialist and help desk specialist.
By the time you graduate from MTI’s Computer Technology program, you will have a working knowledge of most forms of computer hardware, and you will understand various computer applications. This will give you a strong foundation for being able to maintain computer systems for small businesses or for large corporations.
About the Technical Support Program
A computer technology education at MTI has distinct advantages over other Sacramento programs. MTI College is among the few colleges in Northern California to be recognized as an official Microsoft Imagine Academy.
In as little as 42 weeks, the MTI Technology Support program will earn you the CompTIA A+ certification. The A+ certification is recognized globally as the industry standard for computer professionals.
Graduates of the IT program will have access to MTI’s job placement assistance. This free service will help graduates find quality careers upon completion of the program by helping with resumes, job interviews, and much more.
Objective of the MTI College A+ Certification Training
The objective of A+ certification training is to prepare students for technical support and other IT careers. The computer technology program is designed to help students pass the CompTIA A+ Computer Technician exams and give students a comprehensive knowledge of computer and networking systems. Students who meet the requirements of the MTI Test Pass Assurance (TPA) program will receive their A+ certification vouchers at no additional cost and are eligible to attempt their certification exam in our on-campus Pearson VUE testing center.
Technical Support Job Description
Those holding computer technology and computer operator positions are responsible for an organization’s computer system. In one of these positions, you will monitor computer activity and computer user activity. You will also ensure that the computer system and all peripheral devices are operating according to specifications. It will be your responsibility to troubleshoot computer systems, repair computer equipment, and install new hardware and software.
Related DocumentsProgram Assessment 2016 (PDF)
- DA123 - Word Processing Concepts
- This course provides a comprehensive overview of word processing skills. The course focuses on the creation, editing, formatting, electronic publication, and printing of standard business documents. Students will explore efficient document navigation, using graphics, preparing reports, proper source citations, using tables, and using the merge tools. Documents created will include letters, reports, research papers, flyers, announcements, newsletters, envelopes, and labels.
- DA143 - Spreadsheet Concepts
- This course provides a comprehensive overview of spreadsheet skills. The course focuses on the creation, editing, formatting, electronic publication, and printing of standard spreadsheet documents. Students will explore efficient spreadsheet navigation, formulas, functions, using graphics, preparing charts, and performing numeric and financial data analysis.
- DA152 - Database Concepts
- This course teaches the student to analyze, evaluate, and design an effective database using Microsoft Access. The student will learn fundamental concepts associated with using database objects, as well as understand the underlying concepts and theories in designing a simple relational database.
- DA164 - Presentation Concepts
- This course prepares students for the preparation and delivery of presentations in a variety of formats. Students will explore the organization of a presentation’s narrative, verbal delivery techniques, and the appropriate use of visual aids to communicate effectively to a group. Microsoft PowerPoint will be introduced as a supplemental tool for multimedia delivery.
- TS115 - IT Fundamentals
- This course introduces fundamental technology concepts. Topics include hardware components, operating systems, application software, software development concepts, database fundamentals, and security concepts.
- TS137 - A+ Core 1: Computing Infrastructure
- This course provides an overview of objectives covered in the CompTIA A+ Core 1 certification exam. Students become familiar with concepts and terminologies associated with mobile devices, networks, computer hardware, and cloud computing. Troubleshooting common computer and networking problems along with proper technical support procedures are emphasized in this course.
- TS146 - A+ Core 2: Operating Systems and Security
- This course provides an overview of objectives covered in the CompTIA A+ Core 2 certification exam. Students learn to maintain, troubleshoot, and secure a variety of operating system environments. The course explores the operational procedures common to most professional environments.
- TS155 - A+ Certification Strategies
- Through a mix of independent study, practice exams, and instructor-guided coaching, students prepare for the CompTIA A+ certification exams.
Grants and other forms of tuition assistance are available to those who qualify. To find out what you’re eligible for, contact an MTI admissions advisor today!
Median Loan Debt Incurred by Students
Median Loan Debt: $9,400
*The median debt of borrowers who completed this program in the 2016-2017 award year. This debt includes federal, private, and institutional loans.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Registration: $16,420
Books and Supplies: $1,443
Job Placement Rate
Award Year Adjusted Job Placement Rate: 78%
Award Year Unadjusted Job Placement Rate: 33%
Based on the number of Technical Support Specialist graduates in the 2016-2017 award year who registered for graduate placement services and secured employment in their field of study, and those who did not register and successfully obtained employment on their own.
* Future results may vary. MTI’s job placement rate calculations are based on the award year July 1 to June 30. The unadjusted rate represents the percentage of total graduates who obtain employment in or related to their field of study. The adjusted rate represents the percentage of graduates who are actively looking for work and obtain employment in or related to their field of study. The adjusted rate does not include graduates who are not looking for work for reasons such as continuing education, remaining at current place of employment, military service, health issues, death, etc. For a complete explanation of MTI’s placement calculations, please visit: Job Placement Rate Calculation
All information provided in compliance with U.S. Code 75 FR 66948 §668.6.