Technical Support Specialist - Diploma Program
Learn technical support and earn A+ certification online
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts computer technician jobs will grow by 8 percent between 2019 and 2029. This growth is much faster than the overall job market. Technical support careers are very appealing, and attainable with the right training. Our College Computer Technology online education, including training for a CompTIA A+ Certification, can help you take full advantage of the predicted growth in this sector.
This program is completed entirely online without the need to come to campus. Learn More
Onine Technical Support Specialist Program at Campus, formerly MTI College
A technical support program is a great place to launch your new IT career. Becoming certified through one of the best online computer technology programs available means you earn a competitive edge as you enter the job market.
What do Campus Technical Support classes cover?
Technical support courses cover everything you need to get started in IT. Read more for an overview of important course topics.
The majority of what you learn in our online tech support education program focuses on building a foundation of IT knowledge and concepts.
- Word processing, spreadsheet, and database concepts
- Communication and presentation concepts
- IT Fundamentals
Next Start Dates:
|Start Date||Program Name|
|Feb 13, 2023||Technical Support Specialist|
|Mar 27, 2023||Technical Support Specialist|
|May 15, 2023||Technical Support Specialist|
|Jun 26, 2023||Technical Support Specialist|
|Aug 7, 2023||Technical Support Specialist|
|Sep 18, 2023||Technical Support Specialist|
|Oct 30, 2023||Technical Support Specialist|
Online CompTIA A+ Certification Training
In addition to computer support basics, you learn how to prepare for and pass your CompTIA Certification exams. Courses include:
- Computing infrastructure
- Operating systems and security
- A+ Certification test strategies
Students will be prepared for the CompTIA A+ certification and exams 220-1101 (Core 1) and 220-1102 (Core 2) in our online program, coordinated from our Sacramento facility. Our students learn the basics of device hardware, software, peripherals, network connectivity, and installing and configuration of operating systems (Windows, Max OSX, iOS, Android, Linux).
Receiving a CompTIA A+ certification opens the door to a career in information technology and technical support. Many employers specifically look for this vendor-neutral certification. Computer support technicians with a CompTIA A+ certification have a broad understanding and core competency in hardware, operating system software, networking, and security, and are ready to be hired for technical support positions.
For more information about Technical Support Specialist online classes at MTI College Sacramento, fill out the easy Request Information form today!
Demand for Certified Technical Support Specialists
The outlook for future computer and technical support specialists is positive. Nationwide, the Bureau of Labor Statistics predict an estimated 9% employment growth between 2020 and 2030. The Tech support market is no exception.
Note: The data provided above are from a source unaffiliated with Campus, formerly known as MTI College, are for informational purposes only and represent the employment field as a whole. They are not solely specific to Campus graduates and, by providing the above information, Campus makes no representation, direct or implied, or opinion regarding employability.
What drives the demand for trained computer support experts?
Two of the major factors contributing to this growth are
- Increasing access to IT support through consulting firms allowing small businesses to use and offer computer and technical services
- More and more, the healthcare industry relies on Information Technicians and IT support staff to provide important services to patients and healthcare professionals
Becoming a Technical Support Specialist comes with several perks including a wide selection of work environments and specialization opportunities. Students picking this path know they are not limited to do just one thing for the rest of their lives. This is a career that grows and changes with you.
If you think it is time to take your career to the next level, call today and learn about our exciting IT support courses!
How Fast Will You Earn Your CompTIA A+ Certification?
You can earn your CompTIA A+ Certification in as little as 42 weeks.
Computer and Technical Support Job Description
What is a Technical Support Specialist?
Tech support specialists help customers and businesses troubleshoot computer, network, or software issues.
Who should consider a career in the tech support industry?
This career is perfect for detail-oriented and thoughtful problem-solvers with a passion for technology.
What can I do with a technical support education?
Successful Cmapus graduates who earn their CompTIA A+ certification have many work options, including:
- IT consulting firms
- Large or small software companies
- Medical or education centers
- Local business
- Help desk call centers
- Some even work from home
What types of jobs can you apply to with A+ certification?
A+ certification can qualify candidates for several entry-level positions, including:
- Desktop Support Specialist
- Technical Support Specialist
- Help Desk Support Technician
- PC Technician / Computer Support Tech
- Data Center Specialist
What are the important qualities of an IT support specialist?
- Pays attention to details
- Strong communication skills
- Organized and reliable
- Enjoys technology
- Has a desire to help others
What are common tech support tasks?
- Troubleshoot connection and computer issues
- Talk customers through problem resolution steps
- Perform regular maintenance
- Repair equipment
- Install hardware and software
- Give advice on best practices
Why Choose the Technical Support Specialist Program at Campus?
We proudly partner with important industry giants,
Other important benefits include:
- You can earn your CompTIA certification in as little as 42 weeks.
- Campus graduates in Sacramento get job placement assistance.
- With Campus Test Pass Assurance (TPA) program, you can get an A+ certification voucher at no additional cost.
- Our on-campus Pearson VUE testing center means you can complete your certification tests in a familiar environment that is convenient.
These industry recognized credentials make our certified Campus graduates sought-after in a competitive job market.
If you have questions, we have answers. Our helpful admissions staff is available at: (916) 339-1500. Call us today!
Ready to start your career training? Complete your online application now!
We look forward to helping you grow your IT career.
Related DocumentsProgram Assessment 2021 (PDF) Program Assessment 2016 (PDF)
Estimated Length: 36 weeks
*Estimated program length assumes a student does not have prior transferable course credit and successfully completes a full course load each term. Actual program length may be longer or shorter depending on factors including, but not limited to, prior academic credit, class availability, academic performance, and attendance.
- DA123 - Word Processing Concepts
- This course provides a comprehensive overview of word processing skills. The course focuses on the creation, editing, formatting, electronic publication, and printing of standard business documents. Students will explore efficient document navigation, using graphics, preparing reports, proper source citations, using tables, and using the merge tools. Documents created will include letters, reports, research papers, flyers, announcements, newsletters, envelopes, and labels.
- DA143 - Spreadsheet Concepts
- This course provides a comprehensive overview of spreadsheet skills. The course focuses on the creation, editing, formatting, electronic publication, and printing of standard spreadsheet documents. Students will explore efficient spreadsheet navigation, formulas, functions, using graphics, preparing charts, and performing numeric and financial data analysis.
- DA152 - Database Concepts
- This course teaches the student to analyze, evaluate, and design an effective database using Microsoft Access. The student will learn fundamental concepts associated with using database objects, as well as understand the underlying concepts and theories in designing a simple relational database.
- DA164 - Presentation Concepts
- This course prepares students for the preparation and delivery of presentations in a variety of formats. Students will explore the organization of a presentation’s narrative, verbal delivery techniques, and the appropriate use of visual aids to communicate effectively to a group. Microsoft PowerPoint will be introduced as a supplemental tool for multimedia delivery.
- TS115 - IT Fundamentals
- This course introduces fundamental technology concepts. Topics include hardware components, operating systems, application software, software development concepts, database fundamentals, and security concepts.
- TS137 - A+ Core 1: Computing Infrastructure
- This course provides an overview of objectives covered in the CompTIA A+ Core 1 certification exam. Students become familiar with concepts and terminologies associated with mobile devices, networks, computer hardware, and cloud computing. Troubleshooting common computer and networking problems along with proper technical support procedures are emphasized in this course.
- TS146 - A+ Core 2: Operating Systems and Security
- This course provides an overview of objectives covered in the CompTIA A+ Core 2 certification exam. Students learn to maintain, troubleshoot, and secure a variety of operating system environments. The course explores the operational procedures common to most professional environments.
- TS155 - A+ Certification Strategies
- Through a mix of independent study, practice exams, and instructor-guided coaching, students prepare for the CompTIA A+ certification exams.
Grants and other forms of tuition assistance are available to those who qualify. To find out what you’re eligible for, contact an MTI admissions advisor today!
Tuition and Fees
Admissions Registration Fee: $50
Books and Supplies: $1,468
Job Placement Rate
*Fewer than 10 students completed this program in the award year. This information has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
Based on the number of Technical Support Specialist graduates in the 2020-2021 award year who registered for graduate placement services and secured employment in their field of study, and those who did not register and successfully obtained employment on their own.
* Future results may vary. Campus’ job placement rate calculations are based on the award year July 1 to June 30. The unadjusted rate represents the percentage of total graduates who obtain employment in or related to their field of study. The adjusted rate represents the percentage of graduates who are actively looking for work and obtain employment in or related to their field of study. The adjusted rate does not include graduates who are not looking for work for reasons such as continuing education, remaining at current place of employment, military service, health issues, death, etc. For a complete explanation of MTI’s placement calculations, please visit: Job Placement Rate Calculation
All information provided in compliance with U.S. Code 75 FR 66948 §668.6.