While completion rates for Sacramento Community Colleges may have fallen steadily over the last four years, according to an article published in the Sacramento Bee, retention rates at MTI College have continued to rise.
Why Retention Rates Are Important
Why should you care more about retention rates as you consider your choices for attending Sacramento colleges this year?
Did you know nationally nearly a third of freshmen don’t return for their sophomore year of college? That’s according to US News & World Reports on Colleges with the Highest Retention Rates published in the fall of 2013.
MTI College was not invited to participate in the studies, but our retention rates could help you choose the right Sacramento community or junior college for your education.
MTI College retention rates for 2012 are over 72%. The table below shows our progress for current date.
Table: MTI College Retention Rates
Supporting Your Education Efforts
Sometimes making it to class can be challenging, especially when life gets in the way. We know.
That’s why we provide the services and support to help you stay in school and graduate. Some of the services and programs created to help MTI College students include:
- Establishing a Retention Committee comprised of instructors, teachers, and college administrators whose sole purpose is to help identify and support student situations requiring special needs.
- Providing adaptive learning programs so everyone has the learning tools they need to succeed.
- Increasing required lab attendance so students get more hands on experience and are better prepared to graduate.
Focused on Your Graduation
MTI College wants you to graduate and go on to do great things with your life and contribute to your community. But graduation requires attending classes and completing classroom assignments on time while managing your day-to-day life.
That’s why every day we’re helping ensure successful completion of your certificate or degree program by:
- Making sure you’re studying and learning with students who can benefit from our programs. Studying with like-minded focused classmates raises the bar on everyone to succeed.
- Providing online class resources available to students 24/7.
- Offering more instructor-led labs and opportunities for students who need assistance to work directly with educators.
Plus, program deans are active in our student community working with and advising students on how to achieve their education goals.
The bottom line is getting an education on your own can be challenging enough. It’s important to choose a college with a demonstrated commitment to helping you graduate. That’s MTI College.
Comparing Sacramento Colleges
By now you may be considering other local choices for attending college in the Sacramento community.
But did you know you can get the same diploma or degree certificate at MTI College and get the services and support needed to help you graduate?
Degree and Diploma Programs offered at MTI College
Medical Billing and Coding Professional
MTI College offers some of the same certificate degree and diploma programs as American River College, Consumnes River College, Sacramento City College, Folsom Lake College, and Sierra College.
Learn More About MTI College
Invest in your education with MTI College and get the support of an institution committed to your success.
Be a part of the successful community of thousands of graduates who’ve launched their careers at MTI College.
Sign up for a campus tour or give us a call, we’d love to hear from you.