Getting an associate degree in business administration from Campus.org and MTI College is an important first step to put you on the path to a versatile career in marketing, general business, human relations, management, economics or accounting. MTI’s thorough training in business administration gives you transferable skills that you can build on and grow with.
Take a look at what you can expect when you choose Campus to begin your career in business administration.
How and what you learn in Campus’ business administration degree program
When you have an opportunity to get hands-on experience, you learn better. That’s one of MTI’s signature training methods. Since your instructors have worked in business, they share their experiences with you and use real-world scenarios to illustrate what you may well be faced with once you enter the business workplace.
Over the course of the two-year program to earn your associate degree in business administration, you will also learn the soft skills that you can use anywhere in the business world.
During your first year of study, your business administration courses focus on general knowledge and computer skills, providing you with a solid foundation in Microsoft Office Suite products and business communications. By the end of this year, you should know how to:
- Compose professional business letters and memos, as well as organize business documents.
- Perform basic accounting functions, including journalizing transactions, preparing financial statements and reconciling bank statements.
- Create and present professional-quality presentations featuring visual aids.
- Use Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, to execute, maintain and improve office operations.
- Apply your problem-solving, customer service and interpersonal skills to real-time business situations.
- Work both independently and as part of a team in a confident, professional manner.
Once you have successfully completed your first year, you can continue to the second year, which delves more deeply into the core business courses required for your business administration associate degree. During this final year of study, you should be able to:
- Apply your understanding of global economic, social and environmental trends to issues in the current business environment.
- Use your knowledge, self-awareness and critical thinking skills to demonstrate an understanding of ethical decision making.
- Use the principles and best practices of management, human resources, finance and marketing to analyze concerns and problems, and help improve quality.
- Complete written business administration projects by applying methods and materials of research.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects confidence, competence and professionalism.
Business administration program options at MTI
You have a choice of studying one of two business administration programs at MTI College:
- Business Administration (associate degree program), which provides you with business training in general administrative skills and the principles of business management.
- Administrative Office Professional (diploma program), which, in as little as nine months, teaches you the skills you need for an entry-level business support position as a secretary, an administrative assistant or an executive assistant.
With both program options, MTI prepares you with the hands-on training and skills you need to confidently work in business. The skills you earn are easily adaptable to any type of business, and they provide a foundation for job growth.
How MTI’s job placement services can help you get a job
Your business administration degree from MTI College gives you the flexibility to work in many areas of business, from HR to marketing to management. It never hurts to have help getting that first job.
MTI College’s Career Services Department offers free job placement assistance for current students either four weeks prior to graduation from the diploma program or within four weeks of completing the first year of the two-year associate degree program – if they are in good standing. Graduates and alumni are also eligible for help finding a job.
Since 1965, MTI has helped students find that all-important first job. These are the services that you, as a good student or MTI graduate, can take advantage of:
- Job search tips and mock interview scenarios
- Resources, web sites and lists of available positions
- On-campus career fairs
- Assistance with résumé writing
- Coaching and support during your job search
- Your name posted as one of MTI’s Top Grads on a list often viewed by employers
There’s no time like the present to begin your business administration training and get on the road to a desirable career.