Every cosmetology student is different, with their own strengths and interests. Whether you want to work backstage in the performing arts or open your own salon, there’s a place for you at Paul Mitchell The School at MTI College.
Our students benefit from a training environment that is challenging, fun, and inspirational. You’ll develop professional skills in hair, skin, and nail care by working with real people at our guest services clinic.
Paul Mitchell the School Sacramento at MTI College limits beauty school class sizes to no more than 16 students, ensuring that everyone receives one-on-one attention from our talented instructors.
A career in cosmetology requires a solid understanding of business fundamentals. Beauty school students benefit from business modules designed by faculty with MTI College’s Business Administration program. You’ll learn all about marketing, merchandising, client retention, and cash flow management.
We think this focus on fundamentals is why graduates are so successful in passing the California State Cosmetology Board Exam and building lucrative careers in cosmetology.
Our Cosmetology Instructors
Students of Paul Mitchell the School Sacramento at MTI College learn from professional hairstylists and estheticians. Our Learning Leaders bring their skills and real-world experience with them into the classroom, and are passionate about the beauty industry and the success of their students.
The Cosmetology and Barbering Program
In addition to completing our Cosmetology Program, eligible students can add a Barbering component. Our Cosmetology and Barbering Program prepares students for licensure as a Cosmetologist and Barber. Upscale salons and barbershops focused on men’s grooming are an up and coming trend in the hair industry – and skilled barbers in are in-demand to meet the needs of this growing clientele. Our Barbering curriculum can be taken as part of the Cosmetology and Barbering Program or as a standalone course for existing licensed cosmetologists. The multilevel curriculum will hone your technical and business skills while developing your creativity.
Related DocumentsProgram Assessment 2017 (PDF)
- C103 - Cosmetology CORE
- CORE focuses on the fundamental knowledge and skills Future Professionals will need to begin working with their clients, including an overview of the cosmetology industry and business practices; State of California rules and regulations, sanitation, and chemistry; basic techniques in cutting, color, and styling; and skin and nail care.
- C305/6 - Cosmetology Adaptive
- The Adaptive phase is a period of intense study that is designed to build on the basics learned in CORE. The Adaptive phase consists of two modules in which future professionals gain additional experience through hands-on practice and evaluation on the clinic floor. The Adaptive phase includes theory classes that contribute to the 160 theory hours required by the State of California and instruction in the areas of cutting, coloring, and texture/skin/makeup/nails. Future professionals also learn retailing practices, dialog, and the importance of educating clients on product, and the need for good communication between the professional and his/her guests by providing consultations on hair analysis, chemical analysis, and hair movement. Future professional progress will be evaluated at the end of each module and will earn a grade based on their performance in each area of study.
- C402 - Cosmetology Creative
- The Creative Phase allows Future Professional to continue to build and apply their knowledge and skills through classroom instruction and working in the clinic. The Creative phase consists of three modules in which future professionals gain additional experience through hands-on practice and evaluation on the clinic floor. They explore ways to customize and combine the technical elements of what they have previously learned. Under the guidance of their Learning Leaders, Future Professionals will begin to operate more independently as they service their clients using techniques that combine the latest trends with fundamental technical skills.
Grants and other forms of tuition assistance are available to those who qualify. To find out what you’re eligible for, contact an MTI admissions advisor today!
Median Loan Debt Incurred by Students
Median Loan Debt: $13,033
*The median debt of borrowers who completed this program in the 2016-2017 award year. This debt includes federal, private, and institutional loans.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Registration: $18,050
Books and Supplies: $2,873
Job Placement Rate
Award Year Adjusted Job Placement Rate: 100%
Award Year Unadjusted Job Placement Rate: 71%
Based on the number of Cosmetology graduates in the 2016-2017 award year who registered for graduate placement services and secured employment in their field of study, and those who did not register and successfully obtained employment on their own.
* Future results may vary. MTI’s job placement rate calculations are based on the award year July 1 to June 30. The unadjusted rate represents the percentage of total graduates who obtain employment in or related to their field of study. The adjusted rate represents the percentage of graduates who are actively looking for work and obtain employment in or related to their field of study. The adjusted rate does not include graduates who are not looking for work for reasons such as continuing education, remaining at current place of employment, military service, health issues, death, etc. For a complete explanation of MTI’s placement calculations, please visit: Job Placement Rate Calculation
California License Examination Pass Rates
A written and practical (hands-on) examination is required to become a licensed cosmetologist in California.
Licensure Pass Rate: 91%
*Based on Cosmetology program graduates in the 2016-2017 award year who obtained their cosmetology licenses through the State of California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology. Review MTI’s exam pass rates and compare our results to other schools by reviewing the results posted by the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology. Look up MTI College under “Cosmetology – Written Examination Results” and “Cosmetology – Practical Examination Results.”
All information provided in compliance with U.S. Code 75 FR 66948 §668.6.
Apply today to pursue an exciting career in the field of cosmetology. Upon completion of the online application, you will be contacted by the Paul Mitchell Admissions Leader who will guide you through the process, answer your questions, and schedule a tour of our Sacramento campus. Join Sacramento’s best beauty school and apply today!